Tuesday, January 31
- Virtual guards to monitor remote Texas border crossing
- Man from Plato loses 110 pounds so he can join Army
- Mom Delivers Nearly 14 Pound Baby
- Cache County 2-year-old dies after dad backs car over him
- Ex-LA teacher charged with molesting 23 children
- 'I'm very alive': Army veteran declared dead 4 times
Sunday, January 29
Saturday, January 28
Wednesday, January 25
Oreo Pudding Cookies
Source: Sweet Treats And More
1 cup butter, room temperature3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (4.2 ounce) package instant Oreo Pudding mix
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Hershey's Cookies N Cream Candy Bars broken into small pieces (I used 2.6 ounce King Sized bars)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Note: I found Oreo Pudding mix at my grocery store but I also saw it at our Walmart and Target.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in pudding mix until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix to combine. Stir in cookies n' cream pieces and chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
Using a cookie dough scooper, place golf ball sized dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. You do not want to overbake these! Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooking rack. Store in air-tight container. Makes two dozen.
Individual Seven-Layer Dips
Makes about 8 individual dips
*Note: All measurements are approximate. Depending on whether you want thicker or thinner layers you will need more or less.
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
1 cup guacamole or make homemade guacamole
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo; or make homemade pico de gallo
1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced
1 (2.25 ounce) can of sliced olives, drained
9 ounce plastic tumblers
In a small bowl mix taco seasoning with refried beans. Some people prefer to mix their taco seasoning with the sour cream layer but I wanted a bright white layer so I did it with the beans.
Here's how the layers are assembled:Layer 1: beans and taco seasoning
Layer 2: sour cream
Layer 3: guacamole
Layer 4: salsa or pico de gallo
Layer 5: cheese
Layer 6: tomatoes
Layer 7: green onions and olives
In each plastic glass, layer about 2 Tablespoons of the beans, followed by 2 Tablespoons of sour cream, 2 Tablespoons of guacamole, 2 Tablespoons of salsa or pico de gallo, and 2 Tablespoons of cheese. Make sure you drain your salsa or pico to get the excess liquid out before you pour it on. Then top with about 1-2 teaspoons of tomatoes, olives, and green onion (If making ahead of time, wait to add these toppings until shortly before serving).
Garnish with one tortilla chip. Store in the refrigerator until serving and serve with chips. Makes around 8 individual dips.
Monday, January 23
- Giffords to finish event where she was shot
- Ohio Wrestler Gets 32 Years in HIV Assault Case
- JFK hearse sells for $160,000
- '30 Rock' star Tracy Morgan hospitalized at Sundance festival
- 4 die in NYC subway incidents in 24 hours
- Joe Paterno, former Penn State football coach, dies at 85
- Brothers reunited in Japan after 6 decades
- Evicted Detroit woman, 101, not allowed back into home due to unsafe conditions
- Greek yogurt on a growth spurt
- Super Bowl sequel: Giants face Patriots again